NOTE: Practice has been switched from Sunday, April 18th to Saturday, April 17th from 12-2 as the weather on Sunday is expected to be poor.
Outdoor Sessions: Wednesdays (5-7 pm) & Sundays (12-2pm) McCoy/Jeffries
Please note the sessions will be outdoors at McCoy Field/Jeffries Park
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the start time to enter McCoy Field/Jeffries, to allow the previous users to leave before we enter.
- The players must leave McCoy Field/Jeffries right after the workout is over, so people are not passing each other.
- We cannot have players waiting for rides when they are finished.
- Everyone will need to wear a mask to enter and exit McCoy Field/Jeffries
- Please stay 2 meters apart whenever possible.
- We are not allowed to have spectators at this time, so parents will have to wait in their vehicles.
- When outdoors, parents are not allowed to watch from the bleachers or gather in the parking lot as this is considered part of the field.
Please contact Mike Street if you are unable to attend your session.
Letter to the Parents
From: Medicine Hat Big League Baseball
April 5, 2021
Good afternoon parents,
As many of you know, the Province of Alberta did not go into the Phase 3 opening as per the Provincial announcement update on March 22. Although these are not the results that we were hoping for, MHBLB is still planning for a dedicated baseball season. Our goal is to develop elite youth baseball athletes to compete at the highest level possible.
Our plan that has been agreed to by our board members is to commence a 5 team mini-league within our own health region. This will include the creation of two equal teams from Medicine Hat, two equal teams from Lethbridge, and 1 team from Vauxhall. All three program boards have committed to this.
Plans Moving Forward
- Practice scheduling completed by April 1st
- Team formation completed in April
- Game Schedule completed in April
- Coaching staff
- Lyall Foran – Player Development
- Kyle Swannack – Pitching Development
- MHBLB Alumni
For the month of April, we will start working on pitching and hitting mechanics, with the use of video, and analysis, with each player. Depending on the guidelines easing, we would like to start our league in May.
If you have questions, please call.
Mike Street – President (403-502-5920) Chris Study – Treasurer (480-335-2454) Dean Harrison – Vice President (403-548-5792)